October 3, 2019
August 30, 2019 by Dr. Kyle Varner in Recipes
Every peanut butter fan out there will definitely appreciate this fantastic, low-carb treat. With only 4 simple ingredients and about 20 minutes of total preparation time, these simple cookies are definitely worth preparing. Although they are extremely easy to prepare, you have to keep in mind that baking can be a bit tricky. Keeping an eye on them while in the oven will prevent the peanut butter from melting and cookies from losing their shape. It takes approximately 10 minutes to bake them to perfection, however, every oven is a bit different and you want to keep this on your mind.
Although these cookies are perfect as they are, you can try experimenting a bit with different chopped nuts such as almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, or pistachios. It will add some great nutrients values to this lovely treat and improve the overall flavor and texture. You can also add a few drops of vanilla extract (or some other extract of choice) to improve the flavor. The choice is all yours!
Finally, keep in mind that peanut butter cookies will remain perfect for days when kept in air-tight containers or Ziploc bags. Considering that you only need a couple of simple ingredients you probably already have, you might want to prepare several batches and store them for whenever you feel like eating something sweet. Enjoy!
Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated stevia
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Line a large baking pan or a baking sheet with some parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine together peanut butter and stevia. Using a hand mixer, beat well until fully incorporated. Now, add egg and baking soda.
- Beat well again until completely smooth and slightly sticky dough.
- Working with your hands, form balls (about 1-inch/2.5cm in diameter). Arrange balls on the prepared baking pan leaving about 1 ½-2 inches (4-5cm) of space between them.
- Gently press each ball with a fork and bake for 10 minutes.
- When done, remove from the oven and transfer to wire rack to cool.