June 14, 2019
May 31, 2019 by Dr. Kyle Varner in Recipes
Many keto followers admit they miss crunchy snacks and I can’t really blame them. There is nothing better than gathering your friends for a night of movies and tons of snacks. However, living a low-carb lifestyle can complicate things a bit. At least, that’s what I thought until I discovered this amazing recipe that tastes 10 times better than plain ol’ boxed crackers.
These one-ingredient keto cheese crackers are a perfectly crunchy and flavorful snack that contains only 0.5 grams of carbs per serving. (Did I tell you they were amazing or what?)
And they get even better because they only require shredded mozzarella and some herbs and spices to taste. Translation? They’re extremely easy to make and the prep time takes less than 10 minutes. Yessss. In other words, you’ll get fantastically crispy and delicious homemade crackers that are way healthier than highly processed store-bought ones AND you won’t have to worry about extra carbs.
Okay, one little thing. These crackers are best when served fresh as they tend to lose their crispiness with time. But since these bad boys are so good, I would reassess your friend group if there actually are any leftovers.
These crackers are perfect on their own (especially if you add a pinch of red pepper flakes which will enhance the flavor) but you can also serve them with some of your favorite low-carb dips and condiments. Dig in and enjoy!
Crunchy Cheese Crackers
- ½ cup mozzarella shredded
- garlic powder
- dried oregano
- red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop about 1-2 tablespoons of shredded mozzarella into 6 mounds, about 2 inches apart. Flatten each with a spoon and sprinkle with garlic powder, dried oregano, and red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- When done, remove from the oven and cool for a while. Then serve to your oh-so lucky guests.